We do not just publish nice MT Evaluation Reports, we use them to select the right stock MT engine for every language pair, in real-time.
This mode, dubbed “Smart Routing”, was previously available only for users of our synchronous API. Last week, we rolled it out to our main asynchronous API, our SDL Trados and memoQ plugins, and Intento Web Tools.Intento Smart Routing in Web Tools.
In this mode, we route your requests to one of the 9 top-performing MT systems from the most recent evaluation report, with several important differences:
- The requests are routed only to affordable systems (<$25 per 1M characters). If you are ready to pay more than $400 for 1M characters, we need your explicit consent.
- We route only to systems with full data protection and confidentiality. If you want to let someone use your data to improve their models, please do that consciously.
- We route only to stable and reliable commercial systems.
- In some cases, we identified that ranking on private data differs from the ranking for public WMT dataset in the report. We use those insights.
- For language pairs that are not in the report, we extrapolate.
And one more thing about the Smart Routing! If you need a custom routing schema because the MT engine ranking is different for your domain or because you want to route requests to your custom NMT engines — let us know and we’ll help to set it up.