Intento MT Hub provides access to 20+ machine translation systems, custom models, smart routing mechanisms, and a variety of tweaking abilities for pre- and post-processing.
This plugin allows you to benefit from the Intento MT Hub magic right in Trados Studio.
Installing the Plugin Through the SDL AppStore
Get the latest plugin version from the SDL AppStore.
To install the plugin, you need to double-click on it.
If you already had the Intento plugin, then by installing the new version, you thereby delete the previous one.
Installing the Plugin Manually
- Download the 7z archive. Open the archive and select one of the files, depending on your Trados Studio release (e.g., Intento.MT.2022.sdlplugin).
- Exit Trados Studio if you have it open.
- Press Win + E on the keyboard to open Windows File Explorer.
- In the address bar of Explorer, paste:
%APPDATA%\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\
- Navigate to
SDL Trados Studio\XX\Plugins\Packages, where
XXis your Trados release number (e.g., 15).
- Copy the plugin file to the opened folder.
- When you launch SDL Trados Studio, you will see a warning window about loading an unsigned plugin:
Please ignore this message and allow the plugin to load.
Configuring the Plugin
- To set up the plugin, go to Project Settings.
- Click Translation Memory and Automated Translation, open the Use… tab and choose Intento MT Provider.
- Click Enter your Intento API key, enter your Intento API key and press the Test and save button. You may get the API key at https://console.inten.to
- Click Change MT Settings.
- In the window that opens, you need to choose a particular provider from the list or select the MT provider automatically based on the Intento benchmarks.
- NB: In the latest version of the Intento plugin for Trados, you can use not only Smart Routing but also specify the Domain. If you would instead prefer to select the provider manually, please choose Disabled in the dropdown:
- Click Test and save. Before the settings are saved, the plugin will translate a short (1-2 characters) text to check that the settings are correct.
- Close the Plugin settings dialog.
Smart Routing Mode
If you do not need to use a specific provider, you can ask Intento to make this choice for you.
We automatically select the MT provider for you according to the latest public Intento MT Benchmark.
The default smart routing has several differences from the report. We route only to engines that:
- Are affordable (<$25 per 1M characters),
- Provide complete data protection,
- Are highly available and reliable,
- Demonstrate good performance on private datasets (note that the report uses public data).
For language pairs that are not in the report, we extrapolate.
To use the Smart Routing feature, select General routing based on Intento benchmarks:
After that, you will no longer need to choose a provider or select domains. Intento will do it for you. Simply click Test and save at the bottom of the dialog.