The Jobs History view is a section with your recent asynchronous translation jobs. This may help you understand and track data during your interaction with Intento in CAT or TMS tools, which typically provide minimal reporting.
To see the metadata on a given operation, select the specific job, and the details will appear in the tab nearby:
- Job ID
- Provider metadata
- Source language
- Target language
- Glossary — If you use glossaries you can see the name of one used for the query
- Name of the routing strategy
- Model ID — If you use custom MT models
- Own keys — If you use your connected account for MT Provider
- Operation size
- Intento user agent — The tool you used for translation
- Userdata — Contains meta-information about a job. For example, the name of a file that was uploaded while translating via MT Portal
- User key label — Label of the API key used for this query
- Is trace — If this parameter is set to "true", it means that the source text sent to translation is visible to Intento. We recommend enabling this feature only for troubleshooting purposes.
If the parameter is set to "false" (default state), it means the source text is not visible to Intento.
Please share job history details when you reach out to Intento Support Team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please note that async jobs are stored for 30 days by default and remain accessible to you only.