To activate your plugin run browser as Administrator, in the Telligent console open Manage → Administration → Extensions tab and choose the Intento Translator plugin.
On the Security options tab tick the checkbox Enabled, enter the Intento API key and hit the Save button.
If you switch the tab to "Advanced options", you will see the following options to enable:
This is what the floating language selection button looks like:
- Language selector in the "Site - Banner" widget:
- Selected provider message:
- "Log requests to Intento API" allows you to see the requests and responses to them in the "Monitoring —> Events" tab
- If you have Google Analytics, you can track translation events there
- "Enable Trace" mode is recommended only for troubleshooting purposes so that you could store your requests on Intento's side
In the Security options bar you can set the following rules:
- The number of minutes, security token for Intento Widget remains valid after the page render (Intento Widget JWT token TTL)
- How many translation requests can plugin process for one widget render
- Maximum of cumulative number of translated characters for one Intento Widget token (How many characters can plugin translate for one widget render)
- How many requests can plugin process in one minute for every widget render (Maximum of translation requests per minute for single token)
To locate your plugin on the community web page open Manage → Manage Site Theme → Edit this page find Intento Translator Placeholder widget and drag it into the page editor. If you plan to use plugin in the header hit Edit header button before dragging Intento Translator Placeholder widget into the page. Once the widget is placed hit Publish.
You will see a button of your choice which calls the plugin banner. If you had chosen default UI you will see this:
Congratulations! Your plugin is set and ready to use.
If you see the messages about plugin misconfiguration, please check Intento API key value you have entered.