Intento Web Tools is a lightweight web application that uses the Intento API. It streamlines translating files with multiple MT engines, removing most of the friction in comparing them to a specific text and translating large files.
Currently, Intento Web Tools works with formats: plain text, HTML, XML or MXLIFF. We plan to roll out support for additional formats on an ongoing basis.
Once the file is uploaded, you can set the language pair and additional options.
The file format determines if we pass the format option to the selected MT engine and also the file extension of the translation results.
Also, we have a set of pre- and post-processing rules that fix punctuation errors produced by some MT engines.
Selected language pair and text format determines the list of the MT engines available for this translation
We do not just publish nice MT Evaluation Reports, we use them to select the right stock MT engine for every language pair, in real time.
- The requests are routed only to cost effective systems (<$25 per 1M characters). Different MT engines can command much higher prices. If you are planning on paying more than $400 for 1M characters, we need your explicit consent.
- We route only to systems with full data protection and confidentiality. If you want to let someone use your data to improve their models, please be aware of the data protection and confidentiality implications.
- We route only to stable and reliable commercial systems.
- In some cases, we have identified that ranking on private data differs from the ranking for public WMT datasets in the report. We use those insights.
- For language pairs that are not in the report, we extrapolate.
If you need a custom routing schema because the MT engine ranking is different for your domain or because you want to route requests to your custom NMT engines — let us know and we’ll help to set it up. Contact us via email@example.com.
If you choose specific MT Providers you can also enter your own credentials or choose "via Intento" option [if applicable for a provider]. For every engine, we support passing user credentials and user-defined custom models (for those engines that support custom models).
You can find more details on adding connected accounts here.
When everything is set, hit the Translate button. You will see a translation job in progress
Once the job is complete, you may download the translation results.
Then, you may either explore the translations to determine your preferences or just convert them into TMX and import them into your CAT tool to let your translator or translation agency decide.
You can also check out our video guide.